Research Academic Level: B / A
Location: James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland, Australia
Appointment period: 3 years
Closing date for applications: Sunday 17th July 2016
Reference No: 15549
The Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, headquartered at James Cook University, and the Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS) are global leaders in coral reef research and have common interests in research that promotes the future sustainability of coral reefs. As part of this collaboration, we are seeking to fill one joint postdoctoral position working with leading researchers at both the ARC Centre and AIMS.
The position provides the opportunity for an exceptional candidate to pursue research in the responses of calcifying coral reef species to changing carbonate chemistry and a warming ocean. (AIMS contact: Janice Lough; Centre contact: Morgan Pratchett)
The joint appointment will provide the candidate with the freedom to develop a research program linked to the broad objectives of the position that suits her or his interests and expertise.
- Conduct research independently and as part of a team which contributes to the achievement of the aims of the ARC Centre of Excellence and AIMS.
- Contribute to improving understanding of the responses of calcifying coral reef species to changing carbonate chemistry and a warming ocean.
- Work independently and collaborate with Centre staff, AIMS staff and end-users to apply skills to research problems in the study area.
- Publish research in high quality journals.
- Co-supervise graduate students, if appropriate.
- PhD in related discipline
- Exceptional publication record for stage of career
- Evidence of research ability in one or more discipline(s) relevant to the fellowship research area
- Demonstrated capacity to conduct and publish research independently and as part of a team
- Established links (national and international) with appropriate research organisations and personnel
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Appointment will be full-time for a fixed term of three years.
Academic Level A – $79,942 – $85,546 per annum;
Academic Level B – $89,859 – $106,029 per annum.
Level of appointment and commencing salary will be in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Apply online (reference number 15549) through James Cook University. Please forward a Curriculum Vitae, a statement of research interests, PDFs of recent publications and addresses of three referees. Please quote reference number 15549.
Closing date: Sunday 17th July 2016.
The University reserves the right to appoint by invitation, invite applications or not to make an appointment. Equal Opportunity is University Policy