Annually, the ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies holds a 2-day symposium with talks by leading scientists and policy makers. This event is aimed at a general audience of scientists in diverse fields, educators, natural resource managers, conservationists, and policy makers. We also hold a public forum suitable for everyone: the general public, teachers and school children as well as scientists, resource managers and policy-makers. The videos from these, as well as other talks by Centre staff, can be found at the links below.
- Adaptive strategies of scleractinian corals
- Vulnerability of coral reef fisheries to a loss of structural complexity
- Resource limitation in reef fish communities: a macroecological approach
- Game theory in conservation: strengths and limitations
- Fear and longing: Predator change and the role of behavior in marine conservation
Search by Tagmarine protected areas McCormick recruitment Steneck Australia Hoegh-Guldberg Jones 2003 Science Kingsford 2006 Munday Bellwood Marine Biology coral reef fishes 2004 PLoS ONE McCulloch coral coral reefs Van Oppen Cinner biodiversity Marine Ecology-Progress Series Willis 2005 Lough Folke Graham corals Meekan Acropora 2002 bleaching Baird Ecology Connolly Miller resilience 2011 Hughes 2010 ocean acidification 2008 Pandolfi coral reef fish Mumby 2007 Planes connectivity Pressey Symbiodinium 2009 Pratchett 2012 coral bleaching 2013 Wilson climate change Great Barrier Reef