Annually, the ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies holds a 2-day symposium with talks by leading scientists and policy makers. This event is aimed at a general audience of scientists in diverse fields, educators, natural resource managers, conservationists, and policy makers. We also hold a public forum suitable for everyone: the general public, teachers and school children as well as scientists, resource managers and policy-makers. The videos from these, as well as other talks by Centre staff, can be found at the links below.
- Resource limitation in reef fish communities: a macroecological approach
- Game theory in conservation: strengths and limitations
- Fear and longing: Predator change and the role of behavior in marine conservation
- Quantifying shifts in community composition and structural complexity using 3D models
- Assessment of scale dependent function in reef fish, and its application to the evaluation of coral reef resilience
Search by Tagresilience PLoS ONE Bellwood bleaching coral bleaching Ecology Folke 2007 2005 Cinner Pratchett marine protected areas Lough Mumby connectivity Hughes biodiversity coral Marine Ecology-Progress Series 2011 Steneck Van Oppen Connolly Marine Biology Baird Great Barrier Reef coral reef fishes corals 2004 Jones 2002 recruitment Pandolfi Miller Willis 2013 Hoegh-Guldberg 2012 2009 Meekan Science Planes Pressey coral reef fish Wilson Kingsford Munday Symbiodinium coral reefs 2003 McCormick 2008 ocean acidification McCulloch Graham climate change 2006 Acropora Australia 2010