The following links relate to draft background papers about issues related to the goals of the Coral Triangle Initiative. They were compiled by the ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies and the Australian Institute of Marine Science. They are designed to stimulate and assist discussion between Coral Triangle countries and partners. These papers were revised in November based upon additional input from Coral Triangle country experts. Further participation through co-authorship, input and comment continues to be welcome. Financial assistance from WWF and The Queensland Department of Tourism, Regional Development and Industry is gratefully acknowledged.
- A Sea of Small Boats: Importance and Vulnerability of Coastal Livelihoods
- Terrestrial protected areas and the successful conservation of global wildlife populations
- Spatial planning in the Dutch North Sea: MPAs, wind farms and the effects on the ecosystem.
- A practical approach to design a network of marine reserves in the Midriff Islands (Gulf of California) considering connectivity and climate change
- Sensitivity of coral trout (Plectropomus) to increasing temperature, ocean acidification and habitat degradation
Search by TagSymbiodinium Miller Marine Biology Steneck coral bleaching biodiversity 2010 2004 connectivity 2005 PLoS ONE Ecology 2011 Willis bleaching Acropora coral reef fish Graham Great Barrier Reef Marine Ecology-Progress Series Baird ocean acidification Mumby Pratchett coral reefs Kingsford Connolly Jones climate change marine protected areas Hughes Science Wilson Hoey Pressey Munday 2006 coral reef fishes Folke Bellwood Australia McCulloch Lough coral Meekan 2003 McCormick resilience corals Hoegh-Guldberg 2012 2013 2008 Pandolfi Planes Cinner Van Oppen 2007 2014 2009