The following links relate to draft background papers about issues related to the goals of the Coral Triangle Initiative. They were compiled by the ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies and the Australian Institute of Marine Science. They are designed to stimulate and assist discussion between Coral Triangle countries and partners. These papers were revised in November based upon additional input from Coral Triangle country experts. Further participation through co-authorship, input and comment continues to be welcome. Financial assistance from WWF and The Queensland Department of Tourism, Regional Development and Industry is gratefully acknowledged.
- Empirical and theoretical insights into the resilience of Pacific coral reefs
- Spherical chicken in vacuum as a prototype of a crystal ball for conservation managers
- Towards explicit objectives for connectivity in conservation planning
- A Sea of Small Boats: Importance and Vulnerability of Coastal Livelihoods
- Terrestrial protected areas and the successful conservation of global wildlife populations
Search by TagKingsford 2010 2006 Symbiodinium Meekan Australia Folke 2004 McCormick resilience Ecology Miller Science Jones PLoS ONE 2009 Marine Biology coral bleaching coral reef fishes 2003 biodiversity Lough 2012 Pratchett ocean acidification 2005 Hughes Marine Ecology-Progress Series Cinner Baird coral Pressey Acropora Steneck corals connectivity 2011 2007 Pandolfi Graham coral reefs 2014 Munday Bellwood climate change bleaching Great Barrier Reef Willis 2013 2008 Wilson coral reef fish marine protected areas Hoegh-Guldberg Van Oppen Planes Mumby Hoey Connolly McCulloch