The following links relate to draft background papers about issues related to the goals of the Coral Triangle Initiative. They were compiled by the ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies and the Australian Institute of Marine Science. They are designed to stimulate and assist discussion between Coral Triangle countries and partners. These papers were revised in November based upon additional input from Coral Triangle country experts. Further participation through co-authorship, input and comment continues to be welcome. Financial assistance from WWF and The Queensland Department of Tourism, Regional Development and Industry is gratefully acknowledged.
- Towards Explicit Objectives for Connectivity in Conservation Planning
- A Sea of Small Boats: Importance and Vulnerability of Coastal Livelihoods
- Terrestrial protected areas and the successful conservation of global wildlife populations
- Spatial planning in the Dutch North Sea: MPAs, wind farms and the effects on the ecosystem.
- A practical approach to design a network of marine reserves in the Midriff Islands (Gulf of California) considering connectivity and climate change
Search by TagMeekan Symbiodinium Australia coral reefs biodiversity Jones Marine Ecology-Progress Series Mumby coral reef fishes Lough Van Oppen Hoey marine protected areas Great Barrier Reef Bellwood McCulloch Kingsford coral bleaching Cinner McCormick Pressey Wilson 2004 2005 Science Ecology Graham Marine Biology 2014 connectivity 2009 Pratchett 2010 2003 climate change 2013 PLoS ONE Munday Miller bleaching resilience coral reef fish Baird ocean acidification 2006 2008 Steneck Willis Planes 2012 2011 coral Connolly 2007 Pandolfi Hoegh-Guldberg Hughes corals Folke Acropora