The following links relate to draft background papers about issues related to the goals of the Coral Triangle Initiative. They were compiled by the ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies and the Australian Institute of Marine Science. They are designed to stimulate and assist discussion between Coral Triangle countries and partners. These papers were revised in November based upon additional input from Coral Triangle country experts. Further participation through co-authorship, input and comment continues to be welcome. Financial assistance from WWF and The Queensland Department of Tourism, Regional Development and Industry is gratefully acknowledged.
- A practical approach to design a network of marine reserves in the Midriff Islands (Gulf of California) considering connectivity and climate change
- Sensitivity of coral trout (Plectropomus) to increasing temperature, ocean acidification and habitat degradation
- Trait-based ecology of coral reef fishes
- A cost-benefit analysis of unilateral conservation of a transboundary resource
- Caribbean reef ecosystem decline: changing dynamics of coral reef carbonate production and implications for future reef growth potential
Search by Tagresilience Ecology Pratchett 2014 2006 connectivity 2009 McCormick marine protected areas Jones Pressey Pandolfi McCulloch Hoey 2012 PLoS ONE Miller corals 2011 2010 2004 Cinner Graham Willis Kingsford Hughes Steneck Munday Lough biodiversity coral bleaching Planes Baird Acropora climate change Connolly Symbiodinium Wilson Meekan Van Oppen Marine Biology coral reefs 2007 Mumby 2008 Australia Science Hoegh-Guldberg 2013 Great Barrier Reef bleaching coral ocean acidification coral reef fishes Bellwood 2005 Folke 2003 coral reef fish Marine Ecology-Progress Series