The following links relate to draft background papers about issues related to the goals of the Coral Triangle Initiative. They were compiled by the ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies and the Australian Institute of Marine Science. They are designed to stimulate and assist discussion between Coral Triangle countries and partners. These papers were revised in November based upon additional input from Coral Triangle country experts. Further participation through co-authorship, input and comment continues to be welcome. Financial assistance from WWF and The Queensland Department of Tourism, Regional Development and Industry is gratefully acknowledged.
- Evolutionary origins of metazoan biomineralization: Insights from corals
- Making parks make a difference – biodiversity conservation will be more effective when protected-area impact is central to policy, planning, and management
- Securing the Future of the Great Barrier Reef
- Culture matters in the Great Barrier Reef
- Understanding the causes of vulnerability to fishing in reef fishes that aggregate
Search by Tagcoral reef fishes 2005 2004 coral bleaching 2012 Graham Mumby Munday 2008 Jones Miller Baird Great Barrier Reef marine protected areas coral reef fish 2014 Hughes Willis 2009 Van Oppen 2011 ocean acidification biodiversity corals Steneck climate change Australia Symbiodinium McCulloch Kingsford coral Acropora 2010 resilience Pandolfi Connolly Marine Biology Bellwood Pressey Folke coral reefs Pratchett Marine Ecology-Progress Series Cinner Wilson 2006 Lough Hoegh-Guldberg 2013 connectivity 2003 2007 bleaching Hoey Planes Ecology PLoS ONE Meekan Science McCormick