Location: James Cook University, Townsville
Salary: Higher Education Worker Level 8: $A86,584 – $A99,427 per annum
Type: Fixed term to 31 December 2020
Applications close: 14 February 2016
The Communications Manager will plan and implement strategic and operational marketing and communications activities to promote and profile the ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies. We are seeking a communications professional with extensive communications and management experience, including media and stakeholder engagement.
1. Lead, develop and implement communications strategies for the ARC Centre of Excellence for internal and external stakeholders.
2. Develop, deliver and co-ordinate media activities, public relations, education and outreach for the Centre.
3. Conceptualise, develop and review the Centre’s communications policies.
4. Plan, coordinate, and deliver media and outreach training programs for Centre staff and students.
5. Conceptualise, develop and manage the Centre’s website content, social media and publication materials.
6. Co-ordinate video production for website delivery and other promotional uses.
7. Prepare regular media releases on research activities to raise public awareness of coral reef science and management.
8. Liaise with JCU’s media section, the Centre’s collaborators, journalists, and other media representatives to promote the Centre’s research outcomes and international standing.
9. Contribute to preparation and publication of the Centre’s annual report.
Applicants are asked to address the selection criteria when applying for this position.
1. Relevant tertiary qualifications combined with extensive communications and management experience, including media and stakeholder engagement.
2. Outstanding communications skills with demonstrated experience in journalistic writing to clearly articulate and present complex (often scientific) information in a meaningful and understandable form.
3. Demonstrated expertise and experience with a wide range of communications methods including website development and management, social media, mobile applications, video production and media associated with promoting events.
4. Successful track record in delivering highly effective communications projects.
5. Extensive and effective network within the media, government and industry.
6. An ability to influence across various levels of people in the Centre and partner organisations and develop effective working relationships.
7. Demonstrated ability to multitask, and work autonomously within a team environment.
1. Experience in Higher Education.
2. Scientific knowledge and/or qualifications.
Applications must be lodged electronically using the online facility located at http:www.jcu.edu.au/jobs/ Reference 15484
Closing Date: Sunday 14th February 2016