Executive Support/Office Manager
Location: James Cook University, Townsville
Vacancy number: 15161
Salary: $68,191-$73,857 p.a. dependent on qualifications and experience
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th May 2015
We are seeking an Executive Support/Office Manager who can multi-task, has great communication skills, plenty of initiative and is committed to excellence. The appointee will be the Executive Support Officer to the Centre Director, manage the Centre’s Office and oversee the Centre’s Key Performance Indicator reporting.
The Office Manager / KPI Officer / Executive Assistant is a vital member of the operational management team of the ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, working closely with the Centre Director, Assistant Director and Chief Operations Officer to ensure excellence in service delivery to staff and students, Centre partners and external stakeholders. The position has primary responsibility for five critical areas of the Centre’s operations:
- Providing executive assistance to the Centre Director
- Managing the Centre Office
- Managing collection and reporting of the Australian Research Council’s Key Performance Indicators for the Centre
- Managing Centre events
- Managing Centre facilities
- Provide high level executive assistance and administrative and management support to the Centre Director and Assistant Director to ensure all matters arising in the Centre Director’s portfolio are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop and manage the collection and collation of the Centre’s Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting to the Australian Research Council, the Centre’s primary funding body. This includes defining requirements; developing, implementing, maintaining and reviewing methods for collecting, collating and interpreting the data; and liaising across all Centre nodes and personnel for timely, accurate and complete information. Manage and co-ordinate the Centre’s Higher Education Research Data Collection and bibliometric data collection processes to accurately reflect Centre outputs. Maintain the content of this aspect on the Centre’s website.
- Manage the ongoing daily operation of the ARC Centre’s Office and facilities to ensure effectiveness and efficiency. Manage and organise all facilities and equipment requirements and induction processes for staff, students, visiting scholars and guests.
- Provide effective communication within the Centre at JCU and across the Centre nodes, partners and other institutions for all matters associated with the Centre’s activities. Provide a positive interface for Centre visitors and use initiative and knowledge of the Centre to assist visitors and enquiries appropriately.
- Provide high level advice to Centre staff on JCU policies and review, develop and maintain Centre policies and procedures for all aspects of the Centre’s operations, ensuring compliance with the University’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Manage and co-ordinate Centre events, functions, and the Centre Director’s workshops/working group meetings to ensure they run smoothly and objectives are met within budget. Principal events include the ARC Centre’s annual national symposium and public forum, and the Centre Director’s workshops/working group meetings run locally, interstate and internationally.
- Coordinate and provide high level secretarial support for all committees chaired by the Centre Director, Assistant Director, Chief Operations Officer and other senior members of staff, and meetings as required, providing leadership in ensuring identified strategies and actions are completed.
- Oversee the Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives and Risk Management processes of the Division, including appropriate induction, filling the role of Secretary to the Centre’s Health, Safety and Environmental Committee and safety officer for the field trips of Centre staff and students.
- Support the University’s commitment to the principles of reconciliation, which exemplify respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and the valuing of justice and equity for all Australians.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the University values.
- Support the principles of the TropEco program and engage in commitment to JCU sustainability goals and objectives.
- Extensive relevant work experience, training and education or completion of a degree and relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to arrange high level events locally, nationally and internationally
- Demonstrated ability to develop business processes related to information collection and collation (for Key Performance Indicator reporting)
- Extensive office management experience including excellent organisational, administrative, and secretarial skills and a demonstrated flexibility in meeting deadlines and responding to changing priorities
- High level of oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to contribute effectively to a team. Good judgement, capacity to show initiative and a positive attitude.
- Excellent computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Outlook, Adobe Pro, email and web-based data collection and reporting systems.
- Experience in a University environment and understanding on University, structures, systems and policies
- Proficiency in use of web publishing software and experience in production of web pages.
Applications must be uploaded through James Cook University’s jobs@jcu, vacancy number 15161.
Applicants must provide the following:
- Covering Letter
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday 8th May 2015
Contact Chief Operations Officer, Jennifer Lappin, Jennifer.Lappin@jcu.edu.au phone 47814222 for additional information regarding the position.